On-Campus Interviews for Actuarial Students
- Important: You must register for the Actuarial Science Career Fair and pay the registration fee before we assign Interview Rooms.
- Please provide alternate date/times in case we can’t get your first choices.
- Post your Vacancy Announcements with Krista White early (way before your Information Session, Career Fair, and Interviews)
Job posting - Vacancy Announcements
Make sure your posting clearly states:
- Your company’s ability to hire (or not hire) international students who require visa sponsorship
- The intended class levels (e.g. Seniors, Juniors, etc.) and degree levels (e.g. Undergraduate) you are targeting
- The intended majors: Actuarial Option in Risk Management, Math, and Statistics
- Tell Frosh & Sophomores (who are not in a major yet) to apply directly to you. Then give their names to Krista White to interview them
- On-Campus Interviews (OCI) run from October through mid-December. Contact Krista White for details.
- Schedule on-campus interviews in October and 2nd-round interviews and job offers in November.
- Space is limited and will be provided on a first come, first served basis, so register early and pay the fee early.
- If you want to do interviews when here for our Career Fair, indicate what day on your registration form and Grace will set up.
- If you want to interview prior to October, you have to create your own interview schedule directly with the students.
- If you would like to have an Information Session to discuss your company with students, contact Grace.
Relevant coursework on student transcripts:
- Calculus: MATH 140/141/230
- Probability Theory: STAT 414
- Actuarial Courses: RM 410/411/412/415/420
- Statistics: STAT 415/416/462/463/480/483
To provide students with time to assess and compare job offers, please give students at least 10-15 Business days. Many recruiters give students until November 1st to decide, so that they have time to assess all their offers.
This website is brought to you by Penn State Actuarial Science Club's Director of Corporate Outreach, Grace McStravock.