Interviews for Actuarial Students
Job Postings - Vacancy Announcements
Make sure your posting clearly states:
- Your company’s ability to hire (or not hire) international students who require visa sponsorship.
- The intended class levels (e.g. Seniors, Juniors, etc.) and degree levels (e.g. Undergraduate) you are targeting.
- The intended majors: Actuarial Science, Math, and Statistics.
- Due to the nature of the Career Fair, we will not have on-campus interviews on 9/15.
- However, we are encouraging companies to reach out to students and set up online/phone interviews the day after the Career Fair. If you have any issues with software to set it up, please contact Taylor Geppert (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Companies are responsible for scheduling interview times directly with students.
- If you believe your company has an extreme extenuating circumstance leading to the necessity of an on-campus interview, please contact Taylor and explain the situation.
- On-Campus interviews must be scheduled through the Business Career Center; contact Krista White for details. However, Penn State is encouraging companies to interview virtually if possible this year.
To provide students with time to assess and compare job offers, please give students at least 15 Business days for a final decision. Many recruiters allow students until November 1st to make a decision.
Relevant coursework on student transcripts:
- Calculus: MATH 140/141/230
- Probability Theory: STAT 414
- Actuarial Courses: RM 410/411/412/415/420
- Statistics: STAT 415/416/462/463/480/483